Aeon Labs Z-Wave Plus Dry Contact Sensor Gen5 - Model ZW097-ZWUS
- Item #: 112171
- Manufacturer: Aeon Labs
- Manufacturer's Product Number: ZW097-A
- Condition: New
- Batteries Required:: 1 x 3V CR123A (included)
- Battery Life: 1 year (estimated, assuming 48 max daily triggers) (life of included battery from factory - may vary)
- Z-Wave Chip: 500 Series Z-Wave PLUS
- Color: White
- Packaging: OEM Packaging, Retail Box
- Operating Temperature Range: 14 to 104° F (-10 to 40° C)
- Indoor/Outdoor use: Indoor use only
- Range: 490' (150m) with line of site, no obstructions
- Security Compatible: Yes
- Signal (Frequency): Z-Wave 908.42 MHz
- Supports Z-Wave AES-128 Security: No
- Supports Z-Wave Network Security: Yes
- Z-Wave Repeater: No
- Beaming Supported?: No
- OTA Firmware Updatable: Yes (by supported controller, or Aeon Labs Z-Stick, sold separately)
Enable Z-Wave for Wired Dry Contacts
Add any wired dry contact sensor to your wireless Z-Wave network with the Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Dry Contact Sensor (Gen5). This simple sensor provides a wiring terminal to accept any dry contact sensor with wire measuring from 18AWG to 20AWG. It’s perfect for adding Z-Wave communication to wired water level sensors, dry contact switches and relays, and other dry contact devices. And once the sensor is paired with your Z-Wave network, the connected dry contact can be configured remotely over Z-Wave.
- Enables Z-Wave communication for a wired dry contact
- Terminal accepts wire sizes from 18AWG to 20AWG
- "Z-Wave Plus" certified for wide compatibility
- Optionally mounts with included hardware
How the External Sensor Connects
Designed for quick setup, the Dry Contact Sensor features a wiring terminal for your external sensor with a "Fast Wiring Button". Simply press and hold the button, insert the external sensor’s wires (may require stripping), and then release the button to clamp the wires. The terminal accepts wire sizes from 18AWG to 20AWG that can bear the tension of 25N.
With an integrated mounting bracket, the Dry Contact Sensor can optionally be mounted using the included screws or double-sided tape.
- Sensor Unit
- Back Mounting Plate
- CR123A Battery
- (2) Double-Sided Tape Pieces
- (2) Screws
- Instruction Manual
- Not rated for outdoor use.
- Requires a compatible Z-Wave controller, sold separately.
- The External Sensor should be based on the principle of dry contact, not wet contact. The length of External Sensor wire should not be more than 5 meters and the size of wire should fall between 18AWG to 20AWG that can bear the tension of 25N. The frequency of state change for the external sensor should be less than 4Hz or the minimum triggering time should be more than 250ms.
Aeon Labs Z-Wave Plus Dry Contact Sensor Gen5 - Model ZW097
User Manual PDF
(opens in new window)